Network and Communications Services
Network and Communications Services Department Mission
- Provide all aspects of networking support: architecture, design, acquisition, installation, operation, monitoring, maintenance, and documentation of cabling plant, device infrastructure, and network services necessary to support the Laboratory's network needs.
- Provide centrally managed virtualization services to support the Laboratory’s scientific and business needs.
- Provide centrally managed storage and data protection in support of the Laboratory programs. Work closely with our customers to deliver storage solutions that meet or exceed our customer’s expectations while maintaining the manageability, flexibility, functionality and security of the services we provide.
- Work with collaborations having special distributed system needs to achieve their performance requirements.
- Engage in network research and development efforts that directly benefit the Laboratory’s pursuit of its scientific mission.
Department Information and Web Sites